DISORDERS OF THE TEMPORO-MANDIBULAR JOINT: HOW CAN WE HELP?
- Do eating, talking, chewing, drinking or even yawning make you suffer?
- Do you have joint noises, pain or muscle sensitivity?
In collaboration with your dentist, our physiotherapists can help you take care of your jaw. Cervical, cranial, dental and psychophysiological issues can be responsible for temporo-mandibular joint dysfunctions.
The pain caused can refer directly to the ears and be the reason for headaches.
THE INTERVENTION OF OUR PHYSIOTHERAPIST:
Temporo-mandibular joint physiotherapy aims to improve the functioning of your neck, jaw and dental occlusion.
- Our physiotherapist will conduct an in-depth assessment in order to diagnose your physical condition.
- A treatment plan will be proposed combining manual therapy with exercises designed to improve your jaw and neck control.
- A prescription of home exercises as well as postural advice will help you to regain your well-being and improve your physical condition.
- Dental treatment
- Generalized laxity
- Muscle hyperactivity
- Dysfunctional occlusion
- Cervical dysfunction