Perineal and Uro-Genital Disorders
WHY CONSULT A PHYSIOTHERAPIST EXPERT IN PELVIC FLOOR REHABILITATION?
- Sneezing, coughing, and physical activity cause urine loss.
- You are pregnant or you have already had children.
- You would like to return to your previous level of fitness.
- Getting to the bathroom on time is a problem.
- You feel a sense of urgency or you go to the bathroom often.
- Sexual activity causes pain around the genital region or perineum.
- You suffer from a feeling of heaviness due to pelvic organ prolapse.
- Surgery or radiation therapy in this region (prostatectomy or hysterectomy).
THE INTERVENTION OF OUR PHYSIOTHERAPIST:
The goal of pelvic floor rehabilitation is to optimize the joints of the pelvis and maximize function of the pelvic floor muscles. These muscles are located at the base
of the pelvis and work to support the internal organs such as the bladder, rectum, prostate and uterus. Your physiotherapist will carry out a complete evaluation
of your condition in a private room in order to establish your diagnosis.
- She will propose a treatment plan combining manual techniques while ensuring that the pelvic floor muscles are working effectively.
- She will prescribe specific pelvic floor exercises to optimize motor control.
- Urinary incontinence
- Ano-rectal incontinence
- Diastasis recti
- Erectile dysfunction