The intervention of the physiotherapist can be very varied from one patient to another. In many types of cancer the patient will mention fatigue and/or a decrease in endurance doing his usual activities.
To being, it is important to add an activity like walking for at least 20 minutes at 3 times a week can help you improve your aerobic fitness, reduce fatigue and maximize healing.
The physiotherapist can then also develop an exercise program adapted to maintain and/or increase mobility and strength, according to the assessment of each person’s situation.
Type of intervention specific to the situation
- Movement of affected joints
- Mobilization of the wound and scar
- Recovery of the affected musculature
- Management of pain
- Incontinence and pelvic floor reeducation
- Sitting exercises
- Walking and other adapted cardio-vascular activities
- Emphasis on daily activities of life
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to consult one of our physiotherapists.