WHY WOULD YOU GO SEE A PHYSIOTHERAPIST EXPERT IN THE CERVICAL SPINE?
- You have frequent neck pain during rest or in prolonged static positions.
- You have trouble moving your neck or checking your blind spot when driving.
- You often have headaches.
- Practicing your sports and activities in everyday life is difficult because of neck pain.
THE PHYSIOTHERAPIST’S INTERVENTION:
- The physiotherapist will assess your neck and surrounding areas to identify the source of the pain and provide an overall picture of the problems at hand.
- Once the problems have been identified, he/she will begin treatment using manual therapy techniques to restore joint mobility. Motor control exercises will also be prescribed to rehabilitate altered movements patterns.
- The physiotherapist will also be able to give you exercises and postural advice tailored to you and your work environment.
- The physiotherapist will also evaluate the movement patterns involved in your sports and activities to be as specific as possible and to optimize a rapid return to your physical activities.
Neck pathologies :
- Cervical vertebral fracture
- Neck cervical arthritis, osteoarthritis
- Neck sprain and cervical strain
- Spinal and foraminal stenosis
- Neck pain and dysfonction
- Headache (cervicogenic headache)
- Bad or abnormal posture
- Stiff neck
- Thoracic compression fractures
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Scoliosis and rotoscoliosis
- Rib problem (costochondritis)
- Thoracic stiffness
- Muscular weakness
- Breathing dysfonction