WHY WOULD YOU GO SEE A PHYSIOTHERAPIST EXPERT IN THE CERVICAL SPINE?
- You have frequent neck pain during rest or in prolonged static positions.
- You have trouble moving your neck or checking your blind spot when driving.
- You often have headaches.
- Practicing your sports and activities in everyday life is difficult because of neck pain
THE PHYSIOTHERAPIST’S INTERVENTION:
The physiotherapist will assess your neck and surrounding areas to identify the source of the pain and provide an overall picture of the problems at hand.
Once the problems have been identified, he/she will begin treatment using manual therapy techniques to restore joint mobility. Motor control exercises will also be prescribed to rehabilitate altered movements patterns.
The physiotherapist will also be able to give you exercises and postural advice tailored to you and your work environment.
The physiotherapist will also evaluate the movement patterns involved in your sports and activities to be as specific as possible and to optimize a rapid return to your physical activities
Neck pathologies :
- Neck pain and dysfonction
- Neck sprain and cervical strain
- Bad or abnormal posture
- Stiff neck
- Neck cervical arthritis, osteoarthritis
- Spinal and foraminal stenosis
- Headache (cervicogenic headache)
- Cervical vertebral fracture
- Thoracic stiffness
- Muscular weakness
- Scoliosis and rotoscoliosis
- Rib problem (costochondritis)
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Breathing dysfonction
- Thoracic compression fractures